HHS Region 5 Stakeholder Engagement Meeting – Monday June 11, 2018
The meeting will take place at the Ralph H. Metcalfe Federal Building, 77 W. Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60604. The meeting will be from: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm Central Time.
Welcome to the registration site for the HHS Region 5 adult immunization meeting. It will be focused on developing strategies to improve adult immunization rates in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, and federally recognized tribes in Region 5. Specific meeting objectives include:
- Learn from national and regional experts, updated information about hepatitis A & B, influenza, and human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Share best practices with other state immunization and minority health leaders, and identify beneficial collaboration opportunities
- Take action and plan effective strategies to improve adult immunization rates, with particular attention to each state’s vulnerable populations
The National Adult Immunization Plan (NAIP), developed by the National Vaccine Program Office (NVPO), provides an overview of actions needed to be undertaken by federal and nonfederal partners to protect public health and achieve optimal prevention of infectious diseases and their consequences through adult vaccinations. The plan establishes four key goals, each of which is supported by objectives and strategies to guide implementation through 2020:
- Goal 1: Strengthen the adult immunization infrastructure
- Goal 2: Improve access to adult vaccines
- Goal 3: Increase community demand for adult immunizations
- Goal 4: Foster innovation in adult vaccine development and vaccination-related technologies
As part of broader efforts to support successful implementation of the NAIP and strengthen multi-sector partnerships, NVPO is supporting U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Region V to conduct a stakeholder consultation to convene key partners from the states served by the region.
We look forward to your attendance and participation in this important discussion. Should you have any questions, please contact Mildred Hunter.
The meeting will be held at:
Ralph H. Metcalfe Federal Building
77 W. Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60604