HHS Region VII Stakeholder Engagement Meeting — Tuesday, May 8, 2018
The meeting will take place at The Meeting Space — Omaha Conference Center, 1415 Harney Street, Suite 300, Omaha, Nebraska 68102. The meeting will be from: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Welcome to the registration site for the HHS Region VII Stakeholder Engagement meeting, focused on developing strategies to improve adult immunization through a discussion on best and emerging practices.
The aim of the meeting is to foster collaboration among the states in Region VII (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska), to enhance and coordinate activities related to adult immunization. Specific meeting objectives include:
- Discuss existing state-level adult immunization programming
- Examine CDC’s Assessment, Feedback, Incentives, eXchange (AFIX) model as a potential strategy to improve adult immunization
- Identify effective strategies and partnerships to support state-level and region-wide adult immunization activities
The National Adult Immunization Plan (NAIP), developed by the National Vaccine Program Office (NVPO), provides an overview of actions needed to be undertaken by federal and nonfederal partners to protect public health and achieve optimal prevention of infectious diseases and their consequences through adult vaccinations. The plan establishes four key goals, each of which is supported by objectives and strategies to guide implementation through 2020:
- Goal 1: Strengthen the adult immunization infrastructure
- Goal 2: Improve access to adult vaccines
- Goal 3: Increase community demand for adult immunizations
- Goal 4: Foster innovation in adult vaccine development and vaccination-related technologies
As part of broader efforts to support successful implementation of the NAIP and strengthen multi-sector partnerships, NVPO is supporting U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Region VII to conduct a stakeholder consultation to convene key partners from the states served by the region.
We look forward to your attendance and participation in this important discussion. Should you have any questions, please contact CDR Dustin Rider.
The meeting will be held at:
The Meeting Space — Omaha Conference Center
1415 Harney Street, Suite 300
Omaha, NE 68102