The meeting will take place at the Mile High United Way at 711 Park Ave. Denver, CO 80205. The meeting will be from: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm.
Welcome to the registration site for the HHS Region VIII Stakeholder Engagement meeting, focused on the National Adult Immunization Plan.
The goal of this meeting is to gather and engage key stakeholder teams from college campuses in Region VIII (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming). These teams will include College Health Center Directors/Staff, student representatives, and state/local public health agencies. Teams will discuss the importance of immunization education and the disparities in the vaccine uptake among college-age students and develop recommendations which can be used to increase vaccination rates for college-age adults.
The objectives of the meeting are as follows:
- To inform stakeholders on current vaccine recommendations and data on vaccine uptake among college-age young adults.
- Provide examples of best practices of vaccine outreach and engagement models for college-age young adults.
- Facilitate conversation among college-age adults and health center staff to begin outlining vaccine engagement/outreach strategies for each college campus stakeholder team.
The National Adult Immunization Plan (NAIP), developed by the National Vaccine Program Office (NVPO), provides an overview of actions needed to be undertaken by federal and nonfederal partners to protect public health and achieve optimal prevention of infectious diseases and their consequences through adult vaccinations. The plan establishes four key goals, each of which is supported by objectives and strategies to guide implementation through 2020:
- Goal 1: Strengthen the adult immunization infrastructure
- Goal 2: Improve access to adult vaccines
- Goal 3: Increase community demand for adult immunizations
- Goal 4: Foster innovation in adult vaccine development and vaccination-related technologies
As part of broader efforts to support successful implementation of the NAIP and strengthen multi-sector partnerships, NVPO is supporting U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Region VIII to conduct a stakeholder consultation to convene key partners from the states served by the region.
We look forward to your attendance and participation in this important discussion. Should you have any questions, please contact Laurie Konsella at 303-844-7854 or via e-mail.
The meeting will be held at:
Mile High United Way
711 Park Avenue, Denver, CO 80205