HHS Region IX Stakeholder Engagement Meeting — Thursday, June 14, 2018
The meeting will take place at San Francisco Federal Building, 90 7th Street, Suite 5-300, San Francisco, CA 94103. The meeting will be from: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Welcome to the registration site for the HHS Region IX Stakeholder Engagement meeting, focused on developing strategies to improve adult immunization across the region.
The aim of the meeting is to foster engagement among the states and territories in Region IX (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, and Republic of Palau), to discuss key barriers to adult immunization and support strategic partnerships for addressing unmet needs. Specific meeting objectives include:
- Identify opportunities to improve billing and reimbursement for adult immunizations
- Increase awareness and utilization of adult immunization data registries among providers
- Strengthen partnerships among immunization stakeholders
The National Adult Immunization Plan (NAIP), developed by the National Vaccine Program Office (NVPO), provides an overview of actions needed to be undertaken by federal and nonfederal partners to protect public health and achieve optimal prevention of infectious diseases and their consequences through adult vaccinations. The plan establishes four key goals, each of which is supported by objectives and strategies to guide implementation through 2020:
- Goal 1: Strengthen the adult immunization infrastructure
- Goal 2: Improve access to adult vaccines
- Goal 3: Increase community demand for adult immunizations
- Goal 4: Foster innovation in adult vaccine development and vaccination-related technologies
As part of broader efforts to support successful implementation of the NAIP and strengthen multi-sector partnerships, NVPO is supporting U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Region IX to conduct a stakeholder consultation to convene key partners from the states served by the region.
We look forward to your attendance and participation in this important discussion. Should you have any questions, please contact Sheila James.
The meeting will be held at:
San Francisco Federal Building
90 7th Street, Suite 5-300
San Francisco, CA 94103